Weather-Related Disclaimer: missives from legislators concerning road conditions, although timely and important, should be considered snapspots in time. For the most recent travel information, please consult MoDOT's Web site at http://www.modot.org/.

Disclaimer:
except when the post starts "MO Expat", all content published on Missives from Missouri is written and supplied by the noted legislator. Said missives will not necessarily reflect the views of Kyle Hill, the operator of Missives from Missouri, and as such the operator does not assume responsibility for its content. More information
Share this missive:

22 December 2009

Kraus: Merry Christmas!

As most people settle in to enjoy the Christmas and New Year season, I am excited to be able to spend quality time with my family.  For many, this is a time to get out on the road and travel long distances to see family not seen for a while.  For others, the family is just a hop, skip and jump across town.  Or maybe the whole family is coming to your house, and it has been a week of cooking, cleaning, and putting up the lights.  For me, I'm both visiting and getting ready for company as my Christmas involves three family events.  Wherever the place, I hope you will be surrounded by the special and unique ambience of a loving family and good friends.

However wonderful family and friends are, Christmas is still more than that. This year, I attended and assisted with the Heart of America Christmas pageant at the First Baptist Church in Raytown.  While the story began in the small and sterile office of a man worried about being laid off from his job, the pageant of Christ's birth, life, and resurrection soon took center stage and touched the life of the distressed worker.  The dialogue, lights and magnificent music made the true story of Christmas real and personal.  It was an inspiring production, a reminder of the momentous birth that is the reason for this holiday as well as a statement of its relevance today.

Rep. Kraus with son Tannor serving as Salvation Army bell ringersAnother reminder of the meaning of the Christmas season was time I spent ringing a bell and taking contributions to benefit the Salvation Army.  My son Tannor came with me, which made this outing even more special.  As we watched people from all walks of life pass by our station and drop their change into the red kettle, I saw firsthand the spirit of giving that Christmas evokes.  Giving to the Salvation Army is an act of remembering people who need our assistance, and I was gratified at the generosity of the people in our community.

I suspect your holidays are busy, too!  If you are travelling, be careful and my best wishes to you for a safe arrival at your destination.  For everyone, my best wishes for a peaceful Christmas eve and a joyous Christmas day.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Will Kraus


Transportation News: For up-to-date information about state transportation projects, please visit MoDOT's Web site at www.modot.mo.gov/kansascity.

With the end of the 2009 Legislative Session and during interim, the Capitol Report will be issued from time to time instead of weekly. During this time, if you have an event that you would like me to attend or speak at, please contact my office at 1(573)751-1459 or email at will<dot>kraus<at>house<dot>mo<dot>gov

No comments:

Post a Comment