Weather-Related Disclaimer: missives from legislators concerning road conditions, although timely and important, should be considered snapspots in time. For the most recent travel information, please consult MoDOT's Web site at http://www.modot.org/.

Disclaimer:
except when the post starts "MO Expat", all content published on Missives from Missouri is written and supplied by the noted legislator. Said missives will not necessarily reflect the views of Kyle Hill, the operator of Missives from Missouri, and as such the operator does not assume responsibility for its content. More information
Share this missive:

08 July 2010

Davis: Vitae Caring Foundation

The Star Spangled Banner



Not every family celebrates July 4th by building a float, but this was the 17th year we have been in the O’Fallon parade, so we have an obligation to outdo ourselves every year. Some of my children never remember having a Fourth of July where we weren’t in a parade. The best part is joining together with the thousands of people who came out to experience a moment of connectedness with each other as well as with our treasured history.

An Evening with the Vitae Caring Foundation



Last week the Vitae Caring Foundation (VCF) held their annual banquet in St. Louis. In attendance were Dave and Jenni Leefe, the founders of the Unborn Protection League. You can visit their website: Pro-life News to find out more about this ministry.


Vitae Caring Foundation’s Annual Banquet attracts many pro-life, like-minded persons –which makes for engaging discussions among attendees at the dinner. What I love most about this organization is that they focus on changing the abortion statistics by changing hearts and minds. Women don’t categorically want abortions. Many times they just don’t know where else to turn. This group puts the women who need help in touch with those who want to help. Helping women get the help they need is always better than a legislative remedy.


Others in attendance are (l to r) Leah and Dave Hite. Dave is Pastor of Christian Family Fellowship in Wentzville, founder and chairman of Love In The Name of Christ: LINC -St. Charles County. LINC is a faith-based, non-profit assisting the economically disadvantaged in the community. He also is the new president of FreeWay Foundation (formerly Christian Civic Foundation). To my left are VCF founder and president Carl Landwehr, John Kelly and lastly my beloved daughter Cathryn.

The Vitae Caring Foundation “is an advertising campaign for life.” You can view some of their commercials by visiting Vitae’s website: View VCF Commercials or link here for: The History of Vitae and its Research.

Another Event of Interest . . .



I met author and speaker, Joyce Meyer of Joyce Meyer Ministries, at the recently held Christian Booksellers International Convention in St. Louis. Some of her tape series were one of the greatest bargains I ever found at the St. Charles County Library sale. Fortunately, my car still takes cassette tapes. On some of my long trips to and from Jefferson City I have found her tapes to be a treasure chest. Someday when I get to heaven, I hope to find the person who donated those tapes to the library sale and thank her. For more information: Joyce Meyer Ministries

Your thoughts are important to me, so please let me know what you think about our float or Vitae Caring Foundation. You can send me your opinion by clicking here: Cynthia Davis

A Little Bit of Humor . . . When Love Fades


Last night I was watching TV when I heard my wife's' sweet voice from the kitchen.

"What would you like for dinner my love? Chicken, beef or shrimp?"

I said, "I'll have chicken."

She replied "You're having soup. I was talking to the cat."

No comments:

Post a Comment