Weather-Related Disclaimer: missives from legislators concerning road conditions, although timely and important, should be considered snapspots in time. For the most recent travel information, please consult MoDOT's Web site at http://www.modot.org/.

Disclaimer:
except when the post starts "MO Expat", all content published on Missives from Missouri is written and supplied by the noted legislator. Said missives will not necessarily reflect the views of Kyle Hill, the operator of Missives from Missouri, and as such the operator does not assume responsibility for its content. More information
Share this missive:

06 August 2010

Davis: August Primary

Community Living, Inc. Ribbon Tying


This event celebrated the merging of Community Living, Inc with Family Support Services to serve persons with disabilities. Instead of doing a “ribbon cutting”, they did a “ribbon tying”.


It was my great pleasure to present a House Resolution to Barb Griffith, President/CEO of Community Living, Inc.

What Happened last Tuesday?



Thanks to each of you who came out and voted. I will not be moving to the Senate, but I will continue to serve my district with the same amount of gusto to which you have been accustomed for the past eight years until I leave this office at the end of December. You can be confident that the same quality service which has been my hallmark will continue through the end of my term. I was honored to know that the residents of our district overwhelmingly supported the idea of my continued service as a senator. Unfortunately, there were more people outside our district who were unfamiliar with me and were easily misled by all the negative campaigning.

The reason my Capitol Report didn’t arrive yesterday is because my good assistant fell and shattered her wrist. We should pray for her. I will still continue to send out my report as long as I am in office because informing you of your government is one of our most important functions.

Here is what I still hope to accomplish:

Accountability in government, limitations on government and prudent spending in government on causes that fit the true purposes of government.

Thank you for the confidence you have placed in me. You have depended on me to represent you in a noble manner that reflects the correct priorities of government: Communicating with our citizens and voting for that which is in the best interest of our district and our state. I am satisfied that we have upgraded this office from what it was when I was first elected to this position eight years ago.

Is there anything more I can do for you?

You can send me your opinion by clicking here: Cynthia Davis

A Little Bit of Humor…

HEAVEN ON EARTH?


A young lady came home from a date rather sad. She told her mother, "Anthony proposed to me an hour ago."

"Then why are you so sad?" her mother asked.

"Because he also told me he is an atheist. Mom, he doesn't even believe there's a Hell."

Her mother replied, "Marry him anyway. Between the two of us, we'll show him how wrong he is."

No comments:

Post a Comment