Weather-Related Disclaimer: missives from legislators concerning road conditions, although timely and important, should be considered snapspots in time. For the most recent travel information, please consult MoDOT's Web site at http://www.modot.org/.

Disclaimer:
except when the post starts "MO Expat", all content published on Missives from Missouri is written and supplied by the noted legislator. Said missives will not necessarily reflect the views of Kyle Hill, the operator of Missives from Missouri, and as such the operator does not assume responsibility for its content. More information
Share this missive:

17 March 2011

Hoskins: Upcoming Public Meetings At Trails Regional Libraries

From another school snow day to 70+ degrees all in the same week – what a week. It may be windy, but today is truly a beautiful way to begin the Legislature’s mid-session break. I look forward to spending the next week in the 121st District in Johnson County.

Legislative Update


I am hosting my next set of public meetings to report back to you directly while I’m home for the legislative break. In continuing my ongoing custom to hold public meetings locally, I will be at each of the three Johnson County branches of the Trails Regional Libraries on March 24. The libraries make a convenient location to provide a Legislative Update and meet with constituents. I find these events a great opportunity to share what’s happening in Jefferson City as well as hear about things important to you. The Legislature’s mid-session break creates the perfect opportunity to give you a personal report of the status for the first half of this year’s session. I will begin at Knob Noster 9:30-10:30 a.m., continue with Warrensburg 12:30-1:30 p.m., and host the final one of the day from 2:30-3:30 p.m. at Holden. Help spread the word as everybody is welcome. Besides talking about legislation, I’ll be available to hear opinions on issues important to you, too. Please join me at one of the three sessions.

This Week’s Legislation


This has been a productive week here at the Capitol. In the House alone, there were over 40 votes taken. The bell rang so many time calling us to vote that I lost count.

I’m proud to report that HB 204 was one of those bills that passed the House this week. This is my bill that will make the process much simpler for veterans and active members of the military to renew an expired driver’s license. I consider this another way to do what we can to make things a little easier for those who have served our country.

The 13 appropriations bills have advanced to the House. Debate on the House floor will begin first thing upon our return to Jefferson City on March 28th. I think the average citizen on the street would be amazed at how the amount of deliberation and consideration goes into the construction of our state’s annual budget.

On the Senate end of the Capitol, HB 45 that I sponsored has now passed out of the Senate Ways and Means Committee and is headed to the full Senate. This is known as “The Big Government Get Off My Back Act” in support of more ways to help small business. I am very optimistic about the success of this bill.

Visitors to the Capitol


On Tuesday, it was my pleasure to have two students from Crest Ridge High School shadowing me. Aren Dameron and Tanner Wagoner are both seniors. They spent their day divided between Sen. Pearce and me attending hearings and observing us in session for both the House and the Senate. I was delighted to have them here to see how statute is created.

The Missouri County Treasurers’ Association met this week and Nancy Davis delivered an apple pie to my office. Every year, that association takes a pie to each legislator. That sure is a nice diversion from all the papers and reports most associations take to the offices.

Ways to Keep in Contact


I know everybody is busy but keep sending in those surveys! Instead of mailing the survey back, you can respond on-line and save postage. Go to my State Representative page on the House website at www.house.mo.gov. I truly appreciate the input of my constituents. I’ll report the results of my survey next week at my Legislative Updates.

Reminder


I consider communication with my constituents a high priority. My weekly Monday morning chat at 8:45 a.m. with Woody at KOKO Radio on AM 1450 is one of the best ways I’ve found for you to literally “hear” from me. Tune in every Monday morning at 8:45 to hear the latest concerning District 121.

Please share this report with anyone you feel would be interested in this information. As the Legislature will not be in session, it will be two weeks before my next Capitol Report. It is genuinely a privilege to serve as your state representative.

No comments:

Post a Comment