Weather-Related Disclaimer: missives from legislators concerning road conditions, although timely and important, should be considered snapspots in time. For the most recent travel information, please consult MoDOT's Web site at http://www.modot.org/.

Disclaimer:
except when the post starts "MO Expat", all content published on Missives from Missouri is written and supplied by the noted legislator. Said missives will not necessarily reflect the views of Kyle Hill, the operator of Missives from Missouri, and as such the operator does not assume responsibility for its content. More information
Share this missive:

17 May 2011

Hoskins: Session Involved More Discussions, Snow

The 2011 legislative session came to a close last Friday. It seems like January was just a few days ago. I seem to recall a whole lot of snow before we’ve finally gotten to enjoy peonies, irises, and green grass. What a winter we’ve had!

This makes my third legislative session and with each session, I learn more and more. This session has been a little different than the first two in that as a body, we were working on legislation earlier in the session than has previously been the case. We were debating legislation sooner and in much greater detail.

In the near future, I plan to report in some detail the high points of this session. Another important thing that made this session more involved for me has been my responsibility as chairman of the committee for Appropriations – Transportation and Economic Development. I had a good mix of membership on this committee allowing us to get our work done efficiently in preparation to refer the budgets for the agencies we heard for the Budget Committee

Visitors to the Capitol


The Holden 4th grade toured the Capitol, the Mansion, the Supreme Court, and the Highway Patrol this week. I think it was kind of surprising to them to see so much happening and the bells ringing so often while they were here. Every time there’s a vote in the House, a bell rings that sounds like a school bell so we know to cast a vote. There are always a large number of roll call votes in the final days of the session meaning there was bell after bell. I suspect those bells made the students feel like they were still in school.

Ways to Keep in Contact


I consider communication with my constituents a high priority. My weekly Monday morning chat at 8:45 a.m. with Woody at KOKO Radio on AM 1450 is one of the best ways I’ve found for you to literally “hear” from me. Tune in every Monday morning at 8:45 to hear the latest concerning District 121.

Please share this report with anyone you feel would be interested in this information. It is genuinely a privilege to serve as your state representative.

No comments:

Post a Comment