Weather-Related Disclaimer: missives from legislators concerning road conditions, although timely and important, should be considered snapspots in time. For the most recent travel information, please consult MoDOT's Web site at http://www.modot.org/.

Disclaimer:
except when the post starts "MO Expat", all content published on Missives from Missouri is written and supplied by the noted legislator. Said missives will not necessarily reflect the views of Kyle Hill, the operator of Missives from Missouri, and as such the operator does not assume responsibility for its content. More information
Share this missive:

20 May 2011

Neth: Back At Home With The Kids,

The first week after the completion of the regular session has passed and I'm still adjusting to being home during the week - playing with the kids, cooking dinner and the normal weekly responsibilities. I have to admit that it has been difficult to adjust to the new schedule, but I am glad to be back around my family and friends.

I am gearing up to do a lot of constituent outreach this summer and my schedule is filling up with meetings, events, legislative updates, and all sorts of other activities in the community. Some meetings will be reviews of the legislative session and others will address priorities for the coming year. I am also researching and discussing my future legislation with stakeholders both here at home and across the state. It will take a lot of work and input from citizens, like you, to determine what legislation I should file this coming December.

The best part of being back in town is the ability to be an integral part of my community on a regular basis. I enjoy seeing old friends and meeting new people. I plan to make this a priority in summer and fall. If you would like me to attend an event of yours, please let me know and I will do all I can to be there.

Due to the fact that the legislature has adjourned for the summer, my office will not be doing a weekly email report. At a minimum, I will get out something on a monthly basis and if needed, maybe every few weeks. If you are on a more specific contact list, you may get some additional information in the form of news releases.

I do not want to miss the opportunity to thank everyone who has connected with me this first year as your State Representative. I know we may not agree on everything, but more than anything, I want to keep the communication open and ensure mutual respect for all. I am looking forward to the future progress we can make together.

Finally, I want to thank my family who has put up with my absence for the long five and a half months. It is not easy for anyone to be away for extended periods. As a father and husband, there are a lot of additional demands that this role puts on my wife and kids. I want to give a big thank you to my wife, my kids, my parents, my neighbors (who kept an eye on things), and everyone who prayed for me these past five months.

Have a great Summer!
Myron

SAVE THE DATE!!!


Town Hall Meeting - Legislative Wrap Up
June 2, 7:30-8:45 pm
Liberty Community Center - Red Room


I will be hosting a Town Hall Meeting where I will discuss the 2011 legislative session. You will have the opportunity to give me feedback, ask questions, and voice your concerns. I hope you will be able to make it and look forward to seeing you there.

So the news mentioned a lot of legislation this year, but what was actually acomplished?


There were 1060 Bills filed in the House this year. This is down from past years. 102 of these Bills were Truly Agreed to and Finally Passed (TAFP). To view the summaries of all TAFP legislation, please follow this link.

This list is comprehensive and includes Senate Bills as well as House Bills. Once finally passed, the legislation is sent to the governor and he has until August 28, to veto any legislation with which he does not agree. Any bill he refuses or fails to sign by that date automatically becomes law on August 28, 2011. You can check to see if the Governor has signed a specific piece of legislation going the the bill tracking on the House website. You can also use this tool to determine if the legisltation that affects you was actually passed at all.

In the coming weeks, I will be picking out some of the legislation we passed that I feel is noteworthy. I will be sending out more detailed thoughts on each throughout the summer. If you want me to comment on a particular bill, please let me know.

Questions or Comments?


While the legislative session may have ended on May 13, my legislative office is still open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to address any state related conserns or issues you might have. My contact information is listed below.

Missouri State Representative
Myron Neth (34th District)
201 W. Capitol Ave
Jefferson City, MO 64068

Office: 573.751.1218
Fax: 573.522.0434
Email: myron{dot}neth{at}house{dot}mo{dot}gov

Community Calendar


June 2 - Town Hall Meeting With Myron Neth at the Liberty Community Center - Red Room at 7:30 pm.

June 4 - Liberty Arts Squared Art Festival

June 9 - Mid-Continent Library Stable T. Farms Petting Zoo (virtual)

June 10 - Mid-Continent Library Pet Training: Paws, Claws, Feathers and Fins

June 4 - Downtown Liberty Arts Festival


Visit the Jesse James Bank Museum Monday - Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment