Weather-Related Disclaimer: missives from legislators concerning road conditions, although timely and important, should be considered snapspots in time. For the most recent travel information, please consult MoDOT's Web site at http://www.modot.org/.

Disclaimer:
except when the post starts "MO Expat", all content published on Missives from Missouri is written and supplied by the noted legislator. Said missives will not necessarily reflect the views of Kyle Hill, the operator of Missives from Missouri, and as such the operator does not assume responsibility for its content. More information
Share this missive:

23 November 2011

Rupp: Wishing You a Blessed Thanksgiving

This week, as we gather with our loved ones and take in the delicious smell of roasting turkey, we should all remember our many blessings that are sometimes taken for granted. Throughout the year, we are often engulfed in our busy schedules and don’t take the time to step back and appreciate all that we have. Even during the holidays, some get caught up in the stress of holiday festivities and worry about hosting the perfect party or giving the perfect gift. Although it’s challenging sometimes not to stress, I encourage you to take a deep breath and enjoy the company of your family and friends, and enjoy all your good fortune.

As citizens of our great country, we automatically have so many privileges and rights that many across the globe do not have — such as the ability to elect the people we want to represent us. On that note, I would like to thank my constituents for allowing me to represent you in our fantastic area of St. Charles and Lincoln counties. Serving as your state senator is a responsibility I do not take for granted, and I appreciate your trust and input. I am also very thankful for the thousands of servicemen and women who put their lives on the line for our well-being and safety. You are truly my heroes.

The people in my life I am the most grateful for are my beautiful wife and children. Their love is absolutely priceless, and they continue to support me as I serve our great state. I pray that I live up to their hopes as a father, step-father, and husband.

Although many of us will be spending Thanksgiving Day gathered around the dinner table amid a bountiful feast, many people in our area won’t have a turkey or a nutritious meal. Countless people deal with economic hardship during this time of year, and experience difficulty affording meals for themselves and their families. Please consider donating your time or a few cans of healthy food to a local food bank — two top-notch food banks in our area are the OASIS Food Pantry (www.oasisfoodpantry.com) and the St. Louis Area Foodbank (www.stlfoodbank.org.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I hope you can enjoy the day with the people who are the most special to you. Thank you and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment