Weather-Related Disclaimer: missives from legislators concerning road conditions, although timely and important, should be considered snapspots in time. For the most recent travel information, please consult MoDOT's Web site at http://www.modot.org/.

Disclaimer:
except when the post starts "MO Expat", all content published on Missives from Missouri is written and supplied by the noted legislator. Said missives will not necessarily reflect the views of Kyle Hill, the operator of Missives from Missouri, and as such the operator does not assume responsibility for its content. More information
Share this missive:

22 December 2011

Berry: Christmas Wishes

I hope this Christmas is filled with joy and warmth for you and your family. I wish you safe travels if you are visiting loved ones and wish the same for those who may be coming to stay with you. At the same time as we prepare for this greatest of holidays, I also ask us to remember there are many Missourians who are not as fortunate. They won’t have the luxury of a warm fire with stockings hung on the mantle, or even a simple meal. I ask you to keep them in your thoughts and prayers during this holiday season. We are all so very blessed to have the many riches that we do. Please take the time this Christmas to give thanks for all that you have regardless of how plentiful or meager it may be.

It is also important that we remember those who won’t have the companionship of family and friends this holiday season. There are many service men and women that won’t be able to come home for the holidays. I urge you to send care packages and cards to the troops that are protecting our freedom.

I would also like to talk a bit about the upcoming session. My colleagues and I will return to the Capitol on January 4th for the first day of session. If there are any issues that you would like to see legislation for I encourage you to contact my office. I am eager to serve my constituents.

Thank you again for your support and may you all have a Merry Christmas. After Christmas my Capitol Reports will shift their focus to the upcoming session and some of the key issues we will address. If you have any questions or concerns before then, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment