Weather-Related Disclaimer: missives from legislators concerning road conditions, although timely and important, should be considered snapspots in time. For the most recent travel information, please consult MoDOT's Web site at http://www.modot.org/.

Disclaimer:
except when the post starts "MO Expat", all content published on Missives from Missouri is written and supplied by the noted legislator. Said missives will not necessarily reflect the views of Kyle Hill, the operator of Missives from Missouri, and as such the operator does not assume responsibility for its content. More information
Share this missive:

20 December 2011

Rupp: Wishing You a Merry Christmas

Christmas Day, which is this Sunday, is one of the merriest days of the year. It’s a day for spending time with loved ones, watching classic Christmas films, such as “A Christmas Carol” and “It’s a Wonderful Life,” eating delicious food, and seeing the joy in your children’s eyes as they discover their filled stockings under the tree or resting by the fireplace. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays, and as always, I’m looking forward to spending this joyous and holy day with my family.

Aside from the holiday festivities, Christmas is a time to be appreciative for all that has been bestowed upon us. There will always be someone who comes along that has a bigger home or fancier car, but what truly matters in life are the people we care about. The richest people in the world are those who have family and friends who love them — and with all the love I share with my wife, children, parents, siblings, and friends, I consider myself a wealthy man. In addition to my loved ones, I’m grateful for my constituents in the 2nd Senatorial District, who provide me with their input and support, and encourage me to represent Missouri in the best way possible. I’m also thankful for members of our Armed Forces, some of whom are away from their families this Christmas, serving our country. To these brave men and women — thank you for allowing us to celebrate this divine holiday in freedom.

Another reason why I’m particularly fond of Christmas is that Missourians come together to help those in need. While some of us may enjoy a Christmas feast, gathered around a brightly lit tree, other families won’t be able to take part in these pleasures this year, due to hardships. Please consider a donation to a valuable charity, such as the Salvation Army, or volunteer with your local or church community.

I hope you and your family enjoy a wonderful Christmas holiday together, and remember to be thankful for the bountiful blessings you have in your life. God Bless you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment