Weather-Related Disclaimer: missives from legislators concerning road conditions, although timely and important, should be considered snapspots in time. For the most recent travel information, please consult MoDOT's Web site at http://www.modot.org/.

Disclaimer:
except when the post starts "MO Expat", all content published on Missives from Missouri is written and supplied by the noted legislator. Said missives will not necessarily reflect the views of Kyle Hill, the operator of Missives from Missouri, and as such the operator does not assume responsibility for its content. More information
Share this missive:

30 December 2011

Rupp: Preparing for a New Year

Let me begin by saying that I hope you and your family had a very joyous Christmas. It’s always a little sad when Christmas is over, but we can still look forward to New Year’s celebrations and starting 2012 with a fresh perspective and a positive attitude.

For lawmakers, the beginning of a new year means that a new legislative session will commence. The Second Regular Session of the 96th General Assembly will begin at noon on Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2012. I’m anticipating a productive and dynamic session, and I look forward to supporting measures that will make Missouri an even better place to live, work, and raise a family.

Among my legislative priorities include protecting our children in child care facilities, ensuring a high quality of life for disabled Missourians, focusing on scholarships to help young Missourians attain a higher education, and protecting our privacy by preventing “robo-calls.” I’ll continue to file bills throughout the 2012 regular session — the last day to introduce Senate bills is March 1. The legislative session will continue until May 18. As always, if you have any concerns regarding a governmental matter, please feel free to contact me. My job is to represent you, and if there is a specific issue that you would like addressed, I want to hear about it.

I hope you and your family enjoy a safe and fun New Year’s weekend. If you plan to visit a relative’s or friend’s house on New Year’s Eve, my advice would be to stay the night, if possible. Studies have shown that the holiday season can be one of the most dangerous times of the year for drunk driving. If you will be traveling on the roads on New Year’s Eve, always appoint a designated driver if need be. In addition, if you are hosting a party, please be sure to look out for your guests and, if needed, offer them a place to stay. If you’d like to learn more about how to keep our roads safe, please visit the Arrive Alive website at www.savemolives.com.

I’d like to thank my family, friends, and the constituents of the 2nd Senatorial District for a wonderful year. I look forward to continuing to serve our area in 2012, and as always, please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance. Thank you, and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment